Wednesday, April 27, 2011

39 week appointment

This is an appointment I will forever remember. Our babysitter was unable to watch Nataleigh this time so she got to go with us. We have tried this two other times and had a really bad experience. She's older now and I was able to give her a "pep talk" before going to the appointment :) She did wonderful and it was something I will forever cherish. The midwife really let Nataleigh get involved this time. She got to hold the doppler and put it on my tummy. We explained that she was listening to the baby's heartbeat (don't really know if she understood or not :)
Baby is great! Perfect positioning....we just continue to patiently wait. ;) I did find out my midwife is in fact on call tonight...we'll see! ;) Def. having more "birthing waves" (contractions) which is always a good thing!
I took a picture today of what I crave at the end of my pregnancies...pineapple. I think I read somewhere that it might help with birthing time (labor) but who knows how true that is. I ate this whole container last night before we ate dinner ;)
I tried this new recipe for dinner which was penne pasta with bacon, asparagus and spinach. I will def. make it again. We liked it a lot!
Today I walked a lot. Nataleigh and I walked at the mall for about an hour and then after dinner we took a family walk outside for about an hour as well! It felt so good!

6 comments:

Stacy Bishop said...

I keep wondering about you everday that you don't post:) Can't wait to see your little one! Praying for all of you.

Jessica said...

Thanks, Stacy for praying. I can't wait to share pics and stories of our little one soon!
Hope you are feeling good!

Jarretts said...

Just checking in to see if maybe your precious baby has come : ) Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it! Praying for a quick and safe delivery!!

Stacy Bishop said...

Yay!! Just saw Chris's pic of Miss Mia. Beautiful name for a beautiful little girl:) I'm so happy for you two. Can't wait to hear how everything went. Hope you're feeling well!! I can't wait to be on that end again!

Krista said...

Mia is so beautiful! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about her arrival!

Lindy D. said...

I've been checking your blog...and look what I see when I log in today!!! So happy for you and your family, congratulations! I can't wait for more pics and to hear of Mia's arrival into this world. XOXO