Monday, November 3, 2008

Following The Call



God has called Chris and I back to Cleveland, OH. As many of you know, Chris and I have had a heart for Cleveland and for urban ministry ever since we were in college. After much prayer, fasting, thinking, conversing , asking for advice and finally visiting the site of the new church plant we have made the tough decision to bring our ministries at both Calumet Street and New Horizon to a close. We will be returning to Cleveland to reach a city full of darkness and take part in a brand new church plant, Velocity Christian Church.
We consider ourselves as "native missionaries" here in our own country, ministering to a city in which only 3 out of every 10,000 people attend a New Testament, non-Catholic church on Sundays.
We have had the privilege of sharing in many wonderful things and sharing with even more wonderful people here in IL. Our love does not change for any one here even though we will be miles apart.
We are asking that you please join us in prayer for Velocity Christian Church, and the city of Cleveland. We will be moving December 22.
Later on I will be more specific in my posts about what you can be praying for.

1 comment:

donna said...

I was on the Team Gans blog and linked to yours. I want you both to know that I am truely blessed in knowing you and in watching your worship/relationship with God. You both will be dearly missed but what an awesome gift God is leading you to do! I am behind you both 100% and I am here to help you in any way I can.
Love,
Shelley