Thursday, January 26, 2012

Growing!

Growth is painful but part of life. Being a mother of two there have been many challenges but it's growing me and I'm learning. As fast as I'm growing my kiddos are growing 10x as fast it seems! The whole month of December I couldn't believe the difference in Nataleigh's understanding of Christmas. She was like a sponge this year and it was so much fun to teach her about our whole reason for celebrating! Our celebration consisted of Christmas at home, Church, trips back and forth to Grandpa and Nonna's and Christmas celebration with them, celebration in Indiana, Steiner sleepover and Youngstown on New Years...whew...we were busy! With young kids I thought I was going to turn crazy! I chose not to though (tried not too at least) and tried to remember they are only going to be young once-it would not be like this every Holiday! ;)
There was much recouperation afterwards and a little sickness and throw in there a huge developemental leap for both of the girls and it's made for one growing January! Nataleigh acts so grown up now and is a wonderful, loving Big Sis. Mia is signing, crawling, clapping and shaking her head yes. She's also trying to talk and gets very frustrated when she can't communicate what she wants. (we're working on signs and hopefully she will learn more soon) She's all about the finger foods and loves her Big Sis so much.
It melts my heart to walk into the room and see the girls playing together. This is what I envisioned when Mia was growing inside of my womb and the reality of it is here. I try not to get so caught up in the everyday because I don't want this to be a blur. I'm trying to embrace each moment because I know good or bad this will not last forever. It's tough, it's challenging and I wouldn't trade it for anything-even though some days I would tell you otherwise :)

Here's to growing!
A walk around the mall to get out of the house during the cold, winter months!

No comments: