Thursday, April 8, 2010

10 months old!!!!

...and yes, I FINALLY started her scrapbook...thanks to my sister for the wonderful shower gift...the scrapbook and kit for making the pages fun! I couldn't do it like this w.out the kit! :)









To say this out loud is very tough...our baby is growing too fast for me!
Nataleigh is a joy! I am SO thankful that we have chosen that I would stay home with our kids! I love watching her learn! The most recent thing she has learned is putting the balls in her ball popper and pushing the button to watch them pop out and then goes to collect them and puts them back in... and today she was trying to put other toys in there too. Also, she is really gearing up to cruise any day now! She is walking along furniture and just recently started pushing her "stand and ride" toy while walking. I will get it on video soon! Hmmm....she's also giving kisses, waving "bye, bye", saying "all done", "bath", "book" (baba), "dada," "ma,ma", "nana" (sometimes I think she is referring to "night, night") and just overall jabbering ALOT! Such a girl! :)
She's quite the social butterfly. She loves to be around adults, kids. She loves being outside. Just last week we took a walk to the park with my friend and her two girls and Nataleigh swung with me and also swung by herself for the first time! :)
I would say her personality so far seems sweet, social, independent, funny, fun loving and curious.

One of my friends just recently made this statement that she is "realizing more and more each day that the hardest, greatest, most rewarding job I have is being a mother" This pretty much sums up what motherhood has been so far! I would say lately it's been hard! Since a few weeks after her birth we began implementing the principles found in the book "Babywise." I will just say that this has been difficult for us to just read the book (because she is not a by the book baby to a T) we needed more answers and support from others that don't have "by the book to the T" babies. I had found a blog "babywise.blogspot.com" early on but never was consistent about reading it until a few weeks ago...and oh my, had I read through her blog I would have learned so much. But it's ok...we are getting back on track and I'm just calling these few weeks "getting her stabilized again" and then introducing disruptions here and there. As you know, we are on the go, go, go and I've learned that this first year doesn't last forever and is SO important to get established before she is pre-toddler and toddler and have realized I can't do everything I want all the time...sacrifice He's teaching me! :) So, anyway if you are reading this and are wondering what this babywise stuff is all about you can check out the blog (listed on the right hand side of my blog) called "Chronicles of a Babywise mom." --Good stuff! :)

Her day typically is like this at the start of 10 months:
-waking at 7 (trying to work to change this to 8)
-5 nurse feedings a day (3 with solids)
-2 naps-1 in am (around 1-2hours) 1 in pm (around 1-2 hrs)
-sleeping through the night (7:30pm-7isham)

Happy 10 months, baby girl! You are a special gift that has taught us SO much about God...to name a few...love, sacrifice, patience, faith, hope...and more.

1 comment:

Mom R said...

She is definitely a reflection of her daddy and mommy...sweet, loving, happy, curious!....God has blessed you both with her and the ability to be at home w/her.
I was listening to "In my daughters eyes" while reading your blog....yes, made me cry...have you listened to it lately? You can take something totally different out of it now that she is here and 10 mos. old.....
Love you!